About Me

My photo
Born in the year of the goat; I am like a goat, and I travel through life towards a journey that'll one day bring me home. Towards an unknown place of innate comfortability and peace.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Costa Rica: Getting Sick

Not the best day for my health. I'm definitely getting sick. My throat is closing up, hard to swallow, chills, pooped 4 times today already, and can barely keep my head up. But I'll go to bed after I finish writing this. Plus, I have splinters on the right toe next to my pinky toe, and tons of bug bites from work today. My whole body is sore from the soccer match yesterday. I lost an earplug on my earphone. But I took a histamine and vitamin c pill. Okay, so I was supposed to take vitamins everyday but haven't. I'm just really bad about taking pills. I want to be able to work tomorrow though. I hate missing days off of anything. I want to work; I paid to make a different, gosh darn it!

Not everything was bad though. We worked at Kylie's host family's farm making a natural barrier of trees around the farm property and digging holes to prevent erosions on the hill. I didn't realize we were going through such high grass to dig these holes so I wore shorts. We had to dig the holes, in Katrina's words, "the size of a big hug." Or a grave big enough for a dog (my comparison, though morbid, is a little easier to keep in perspective, I think). Katrina and I dug about 2.5 pits and a planted a bunch of bamboo shoots 10 inches into the ground. I found tomatoes that grow on trees. I was pretty astonished, but it had a thicker bitter skin. There are actually quite a few plants here that resemble the tomato. So interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment