About Me

My photo
Born in the year of the goat; I am like a goat, and I travel through life towards a journey that'll one day bring me home. Towards an unknown place of innate comfortability and peace.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Costa Rica: Final Farewell Providencia

Note: So these keyboards here are really weird, so I havent figured out how to use some figures... Just a warning if you see typos!

It didnt strike me till this morning. Saying goodbye for real. Yesterday, when some of the families said some farewells, Orlando didnt say much. But Louisa started tearing up this morning at our final breakfast, and I couldnt hold them in either. Kristal and I wrote a short letter in Spanish to them, what we could. They read that aloud. I wrote a longer one in English but theyd have to wait for Jon to translate it. I dont remember what Louisa said. I dont really think I know or understood what she said. But thats when she teared up. And again after we loaded our bags. They told us, "Me casa-Su casa." or My house is our house. We{re welcome back anytime. I gave her a final hug and Louis a hug. Then Orlando said he{s driving with us to drop us off at the village center. Awkward-not-goodbye-hug! That{s okay. We picked up Amber and Jackie along the way. Louis sat on top of the spare tire hanging outside the trunk of the car. I took some final pictures. It{s so funny, these people are always so happy but can never smile in pictures. When I took a picture with Louis, the town mayor made a joke that I could carry him with me in my bag if I wanted since hes so small for 17. But Orlando said he{d miss him too much so I couldnt. Oh well! I still cant believe Im out of Providencia. I miss it there already.

Back in Heredia...

On our way to Heredia where wed rendez-vous with the rest of ISV adventure tour groups, we stopped at the same road restaurant I mentioned before. So our bus wouldnt start for quite some time... We had to push the huge bus for some momentum and there it went down the hill... for awhile... we waited... no return... So Hannah, Amber, and I trotted down the road and there it was sitting on the side again. But our driver fixed it. Not sure what he did. Rigged something by connecting something to the stereo...

We got to the hotel for tonight. Walked to get some lunch at Pizza Hut but the walk was not the same... Not like in Providencia where saying hi is a friendly gesture and not a pickup line. Oh, I miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment