About Me

My photo
Born in the year of the goat; I am like a goat, and I travel through life towards a journey that'll one day bring me home. Towards an unknown place of innate comfortability and peace.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Costa Rica: First day of work

Our first day at work started with a discussion and some work on the hill paving cement. Amber, Ashlee, and I dug up the side of the mountain to get rid of all the weeds. The others shoveled cement and mixed it with water. This hill... I swear. This hill is honestly maybe 20 to 30 degrees steep. Kristal, Orlando and I walked to the construction site up this treacherous hill. Not more than ten yards, Kristal and I are panting like dogs from exhaustion. Orlando was completely fine. He´s been walking these roads for years. It´s quite amazing and humbling, actually. I also found out he likes to keep a bee farm for fun.I´m definitely going to see about getting in on that.  Anyways, we finished around 12pm and went to a lunch celebration with our families. Each brought food out for their volunteers. Louisa brought carne, arroz, tortillas and salsa... yum! It was so good. After that, we made ecobricks. It was a terrible task: wet, stinky, dirty... we were handling trash. So we did that until 3pm.

Jon took all of us to this beautiful waterfall. It was like a lagoon! There was a pool and though tempting to jump into, was too cold without the sun out. Everyone departed after a bit of chatting, taking pictures, and goofing around. Amber, Jacky, Kristal, and I walked back together on the way, stepped onto some vacant properties on our own little adventure. At first I was a little skeptic... I said, "I don´t know about this... I´m not a trouble maker...!" But I went in. The feeling of adventure was exhilirating... haha. They turned me into a monster!! I wanted to pass onto another vacant and overgrown property, but they were too scared. They turn me and then abandon me... :(. So we went towards home after that.

I unpackeda  bitwhenI gothomeandrealized Ic o u    ldn´t find my fanny pack! It had my house keys in them. I looked everywhere! Our mom couldn´t understand us so we went to Jon´s place to translate. On the way there, our little dog was being silly and following us. He fell over on the ground and rolled over to lure us into petting him. Kristal felll into the trap... As she went in to pet him... he squirted a stream of urine at her arm!!! It was the best thing to happen that day. Besides watching Louisa attempting to use our cameras to take a picture, but was confued and held it backwards. It was so adorable... Anyways, she found my fanny pack. I guess she accidentally grabbed it while cleaning out the drawer for us in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment