About Me

My photo
Born in the year of the goat; I am like a goat, and I travel through life towards a journey that'll one day bring me home. Towards an unknown place of innate comfortability and peace.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Costa Rica: Bonding time

Free day #2! Most of the group went to Jonathan's adventure park where they ziplined, climbed up inside the a hollow tree, got sling shot up, did a tarzan swing, and some other neat things. You can learn more about little tours he leads at www.santostour.net. Katrina, Hannah, and I decided to stay behind. I still haven't found my 50,000 colones so I'm a little shorter on cash. Instead, Orlando took us to the Rio Savagre (i finally found out its name).

I went fishing with him while the other 2 went swimming. He took us through a different trail and we actually saw the big boulder cave where Orlando's father (the very first person of Providencia) stayed. He also took us to different parts of the river, too. I really felt like Indiana Jones for a bit. Unfortunately, no fish for dinner. There were no trout anywhere!! After that, I finally got to see his little beehinve. I dressed up in the whole ensembleñ overalls, jean long sleeved jacket, a netted hat cover. I looked kind of like someone that might sneak into your farmhouse and murder you in your sleep though. Just saying... Oh, and I also got pricked by this crazy looking caterpillar. It stung like heck but Orlando said its not poisonous and should be fine by tomorrow. Then he grabbed it with his gloves on and stepped on it. Green goo exploded everywhere...

At about 2 we had to meet the rest of the group back at the restaurant for the "extreme lunch" that was part of the "extreme adventure park." Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my free day. I definitely appreciated spending time with my host dad, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment